Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Knitting what?

There has been knitting happening, although I've failed to document it.
One of the current projects I am learning to do is Norwegian mittens ala Indil by Eeva Saviranta which is a challenge because it's all in Finnish. But Jessica Tromp has a lovely learning curve website to help me out. So I'll let you know as it happens. 
From dianadorable

In the meantime I've been working on 'Split Personality' a shrug by Amanda Ziegler in Isager Strik Alpaca 2. Not in love with the color, the dark patches amidst the peach just make it look dirty. So I've got a dyer in mind I met at my tattoo parlor to help me out.
And then there were some lovely hats. As usual. Two 'Ripley's' from Ysolda, done quickly and without much derision. The only advice I have for this is try on the cap after the cast on, it can be quite tight. 
From dianadorable
 
From dianadorable
  

Then there was naught. This summer has been a slow knit time, too much going on to contribute to the blog. Not much sewing done either. I blame work and a boy. One I'm teaching to knit, but has a lovely brain that makes him forge ahead, no matter my dire consequences advice.
Cha cha cha. 

No comments: