Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hats off to you February Part 2

The commissioned hats are all finished and sent off to their new owner. Three "Quincy's" all in a row, all done in Caledon Hills Chunky Wool. I've no comments about the wool itself besides that it's soft and blocks out way, way more than I ever assumed it would. I had to take care with the shaping as it looked like it also could have doubled for an elephant slipper if I wasn't careful.

From dianadorable

This officially makes me free as a bird to do as I wish, all knit promises have been made.
Including one made for a sweetheart who needs his giant head covered this chilly winter. Done in the pattern "Jen's Sweetie Pie Hat" but with less pink. The lightly spun alpaca didn't do much to highlight the mock cable pattern but it's really manly rustic looking.

From dianadorable

I'd even forgotten about this silly beret I made ages ago and have never worn. It only looks cute when worn quite rakishly about the head, as berets should. This is the "Buttercup Beret" by Sarai Mitnick although it looks like a different pattern altogether because of the yarn wasn't sturdy enough to hold the shape of the lace and cable pattern. I used Knit Picks Swish Worsted, which soft and cheap, wasn't the right yarn for the project.

From dianadorable
So what of the rest of February?

I'm not sure yet of what is to come except that I still haven't been able to get color out of my system. It's such a pleasure to be able to reach down in my mix bag of Tahki Cotton Classic and just pick a pattern that is the result. On my very rare saturday off I'll be working on a brightly orange plaid dishcloth and some hairstylist required reading.

From dianadorable

And I guess my goal is to finally block the Swallowtail shawl I made ages ago. I lack the hardware necessary to do such a thing but I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out. Don't tell Mary, she's grown so attached the lacy bugger. It's also made me unwilling to do some actually sewing, as she does look quite fine with it wrapped around herself.

From dianadorable

No comments: