Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hastily Made Outline Post

  • I've spent some time on Ravelry lately ordering up a realistic queue of future projects. as well as taking updated pictures of knits I still own that look a hell of a lot better on my new D-SLR camera.
  • Ebay has been a bit of a treasure trove lately. Not only was I able to secure a postcard from the 1920s for pennies to use for my next tattoo but also oatmeal colored Jaeger Matchmaker 4-ply (discontinued) for a pattern in "A Stitch in Time." Lovely dk, merino wool.
    From dianadorable
  • Note: A bag full of wool received on a 70 degree day in March is a moment you have when you remember there is such a thing as seasonal knitting disorder. Must remember the 9 balls cost me $20 opposed to $60. 
  • I've realized my self tanner has been rubbing off on anything light I've been touching so once again I've moved onto darker hues and machine washable projects. I'm 25, Irish and Polish and using self tanner, do not judge.
Remember that project I mentioned, the one I brought to Ireland to impress my gran? Which I then learned she never worked from patterns or used yarn under a worsted weight and sortof had distain for? Well, I'm at the halfway point (2') and the double cabling is impressively gorgeous. It's Blue Sky Alpaca's Olga Buraya-Kefelian 'Cable Cowl' by Olga Buraya-Kefelian. I fear the color might be obstructing the pattern. I've been spending an obscene amount of time on it since January but I feel it will be worth the final product.
From dianadorable
I'm also working on a spring-like pattern I found from Patternworks, a catalogue that I get from my mother's house and never ordered from until now. The cardigan is not yet listed on Ravelry but I'm sure for the $2 price tag and simple, well-written pattern will show up soon. Opposed to using their own cotton yarn I've never heard of, I'm using Tahki Cotton Classic- a proven delicious, dk cotton. I'm an accessories junkie, but also I always look for simplicity and wearability in a pattern. Which may be the reason why I have so little actual garments to show, I rather sew a larger piece then spend the time knitting it. This may explain more then I can fathom at the moment considering my absolute love and respect for knitting.
From dianadorable
In sewing news, I've been messing around with quilting. Quilting with the purpose of actually being useful. I've started a series of potholders. Hold your applause, please. Interestingly enough I've always scorned the use of red, white, and blue as a whole but through a massive Jo-Ann Fabrics sale ended up purchasing fat quarters that blend well with some cotton stash that been laying about. 
From dianadorable

No comments: