Thursday, March 25, 2010

At Midnight it will be "Blessed Didacus of Cadiz" Day

I got back from Ireland two weeks ago where I took this photo of my Gran's knitting. She managed to crank out almost an entire cardigan in the week I was there, from the largest ball of wool I have ever seen. Well, one that isn't in a traveling sideshow or roadside attraction. For size reference, that Gaelic book is one of those oversized-type albums and she had already finished the back and one front so it was noticeably diminished. Most of the week I was at her home we drank cups of tea and knit together. So many cups of tea. My project was with a bit more courageous then my usual simple knits, on size #4 needles with a light dk with two separate cabled bits. Needless to say, I'm still working on it.
From dianadorable

This lovely set I made before I left for the chilly, Irish winter. Resting on a new spring scarf is the Amelia Earhart Aviator in Manos del Uruguay (3068) and improvised mitts in Berroco Ultra Fine. The same Oceanic colorway I mentioned from the previous entry. Also I love buttons. I love buttons that have floral designs in them even more.

From dianadorable

During the trip I was captivated by the crocuses and other flowers coming up there. We've barely got any green yet here, let alone colorful blooms. These pictures were taken outside the Blarney Castle. 
From dianadorable
From dianadorable


And the incredibly damning picture of myself kissing the Blarney Stone whilst held up by a man who was chatting on his cellphone as we came up the 600 year old stone stairs. Credit goes to my sis B. Roach. The man in the foreground also took pictures, but honestly I love this one more then the ones we paid ten euro for.*
From dianadorable


*My legs have never looked better, or betrayed my fear more.

No comments: