Saturday, November 27, 2010

Orphans Thanksgiving

This was the first Thanksgiving I took over the burden of cooking the holiday dinner. It was only for myself and AM, but I wanted to ensure a day or two of leftovers while I was at it. What's Thanksgiving without leftovers? Another day of fake turkey and mashed potatoes. The menu consisted of Quorn Turk'y Roast, Vegetarian Mushroom Gravy, Pumpkin and Percorino Gratin, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean & Asparagus Casserole, Biscuits, Sweet Potato Pie, and Pecan Praline Crunch ice cream.


And paper headdresses.


Pierce joined in on the fun and even enjoyed a bit of fake turkey.


And to bring the class down a notch, Black Monday involved more tiki drinks and dancing. This pose is 'Dear Straw, Put the fruity booze in my mouth'.


The abbreviated week still reeked havoc on my sleepy system, along with the forty degree drop in the weather. Winter came late in Chicago, but it came with a party hat on. One with earflaps and a wooly lining.
I've got my woolens all sorted out for Xmas, mine is going to be an orphan one as well. I just hope I can finish the list beforehand. Little bits and pieces are done and it's not yet December. Once I get my motivation back it should be easy as pie. I just need a bit of a nap first.

No comments: